Our personal Family story:
As some of you may or may not know, Nathan was diagnosed with Becker's Muscular Dystrophy when he was 16 years old. MDA impacts our daily life because Nathan is not able to do many physical activites and is not able to walk long distances. It is important for me to raise money for MDA because I want to help other children and families who are struggling with this disease. Many children are unable to walk at all and have more serious types of muscular dystrophy. The most important part is that all of the funds I raise go to help people in my local community!
- MDA will fund 250 different research projects this year worldwide, totaling $33 million, with the hope of providing better treatments
- MDA will send thousands of kids to one of 80 MDA summer camp sessions across the country — providing them with a week of freedom and the chance to be like other kids.
- Breakthroughs are on the horizon, and more new disease-fighting drugs are expected in next five years than in the previous 50 combined.
- MDA is advocating for policies to help more young adults overcome muscle disease.
- MDA invests donor dollars wisely. Today, 77 cents of every dollar goes directly to funding the MDA mission.
Please consider donating to MDA and/or joining my team to help raise funds and awareness for families with muscle diseases!
|Popeye's Sailors - Join Team||Raised|
|Denotes a Team Captain|