Join the Team Momentum Volunteer Committee
By joining your local Team Momentum Volunteer Committee, you'll make great friendships in your local community, raise funds for muscular dystrophy research, and have lots of fun along the way.
If you're interested in joining, please fill out the form below or email us at email@example.com. We can't wait to chat with you!
- Volunteer Committee Leader: Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining an exemplary volunteer program to provide a supplementary workforce for the Endurance Manager. Represent the organization in the community for recruitment efforts, media opportunities, and overall community presence of MDA.
- Recruitment Chair: Work closely with the Endurance Manager and Social Chair to set participant recruitment goals and put a plan in place to reach those goals. Research, set up and execute recruitment events/opportunities within the community including local 5Ks, 10Ks, health fairs, etc.
- Sponsorship Chair/Corporate Development Chair: Assist your Endurance Manager in developing relationships with key companies in your community to recruit sponsorship, athletes, and introduce MDA programs in their workplace. Help Develop a plan to involve more companies and meet the underwriting goal for Team Momentum.
- Public Relations/Media Chair: Collaborate with the Endurance Manager to implement workable strategies and timelines for media and other promotional opportunities in the community. Raise public awareness about the MDA and Team Momentum through print, radio, online, TV and web-based news media outlets in the local community.
- Social Chair Role: Responsible for providing opportunities through a fun and creative kickoff event, socials and communication throughout the training as well as during the off-season Team Momentum months. Work closely with the Team Mentor chair to develop a comprehensive team communication plan.
- Event Weekend Chair: Oversees all the entertainment and activities that happens during race weekend, which includes expo set-up and execution, team dinner, race day finish line tent and volunteer recruitment to manage these multiple roles.
- Team Momentum Mentor: Responsible for building relationships with 50 athletes, and ensuring they feel informed, equipped, and empowered in their training and fundraising. Helps plan and assists with promotion and recruitment activities, along with all informational meetings.